Election Judges Form
Be an election judge for the 2024 elections
Primary Election Day is Tuesday, May 14, 2024. General Election Day is Tuesday, November 5, 2024.
DUTIES: Election judges are responsible for administering voting procedures in their precinct and ensuring a fair and accessible election for all eligible voters. Duties include setting up and breaking down a polling place before and after voting hours. Other duties may include checking in voters, assisting voters, and overseeing all election procedures throughout the polling place.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be an election judge, you must be:
- 17 years old or older *;
- A registered voter in the State of Maryland;
- Able to speak, read, and write English;
- Physically and mentally able to work at least a 15-hour day;
- Willing to work outside your home precinct; and
- Able to sit and/or stand for an extended period.
* If you are 16 years old, you can serve if you demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Local Board of Elections, that you meet the requirements for an election judge and at least one parent or guardian gives permission.
NOTE: Some positions require election judges to be able to lift boxes and other items weighing 10 to 25 lbs.
Additionally, you cannot be an election judge and a:
- Candidate or currently hold a public or political office, including State and county political party central committees; or
- Chairman, campaign manager or treasurer for a political or candidate committee.
No experience is required, and the local board of elections in your county will provide comprehensive mandatory training. Knowledge of computers is preferred but not necessary. Bilingual speakers are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Complete and submit the form below.